I am addicted to this site... it's a collection of all things ME!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A second!!!!

Now, I am almost done with my training program. This past weekend I ran my second race.... The SAFE HOUSE 5k I went solo, because my running partner had closing ceremonies with Little League Fall Ball.  I thought for sure that I would just come in a slow second to my first race!!! But AHHH I was wrong! I bet my time by a lot!!! I was clocked at 36:19.  Which makes me the placing third in my age group!!!!  See it's good to be OLD!!! Sweet.  I finished 50th, out of 90. But that is OK! I finished and did well!!! For me!!!  It was really cold!! 40 degrees when I started, but I did take my gloves off and jacket too! Looking forward to the next race!  I am trying to see if I can do a 5k a month, until I am cleared by the Dr to do a half marathon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment