I am addicted to this site... it's a collection of all things ME!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 3, 2011

A first!!!

So last October my friend was  heading for her first Chemotherapy appointment at Nevada Cancer Institute. She has been through hell and back, but she is still with us. When she asked me to run with her I laughed, and then thought if she is going to do this, I can not complain! So this October, I  had the pleasure of running in her dust!!! .... and only just a few minutes behind!!!

http://www.season4acure.com/

It was a great feeling to be with someone so energized and with a hunger to finish. We set a goal of 40 minutes. She came in at 39, and I came in at 43:47--- not bad for my first ever race. We are signed up for another race in November -- lets see if we can meet our goal !!!  We are hoping that after her reconstruction and some training on my part hahahahah we can run the Disney Half Marathon in September....... but lets take it really slooooooow!!!! HA HA HA



No comments:

Post a Comment